Friday, January 7, 2011

I Got Moxxie!!

After a brief exchange with my friend Leah via Facebook yesterday, I had been called out. The projects that I already posted here were not new ones that I was spending time creating and posting the same day, but rather creations from a few months ago. Realizing that I hadn't spent much time being creative lately, aside from finally making some holiday cards...(those of you who haven't gotten one yet, don't worry. I'll probably get to them!) I set today's goal to create something new and post it!

I dug through my supplies and looked for something to inspire me, and I came across Moxxie's "Chillin' Out" line. I LOVE this line! It's retro, quirky, grungy, and bright...and absolutely perfect for a cute stationary set:


I made 6 cards, all with a "fun" or "friends" theme that would make a great gift for a teenage girl with a few pen pals or thank you notes to write.

Here are a couple of the cards. On the left, the "BFF" is a sticker from the line, and the squares are cut from a piece of patterned paper. This is a good technique to remember if you think the whole paper is too busy to use: chop it up! The card on the right also uses the square paper, "best friends" sticker, and rubons on the orange scalloped circle.


This card started with two different patterns of paper from the line, some coordinating turquoise cardstock, ribbon, and a "buddies" sticker. The circles going up the left hand side are both punchouts and stickers. I finished it off with a bit-o-bling, right on top of the circles on the "buddies" sticker!

As you can see, no stamps were harmed in the creating of these cards. :) For my greetings, I used rubons and stickers, which really cut down on time. I didn't have to search my stamps, mess with inking and cleaning, and the elements were already made to match.

Leah, this is for you. (Seriously. You'll probably get at least ONE of these in the mail!) Thank you for inspiring me to create today!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Cute, creative cards just waiting to be sent to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these cards. And, I love this line of paper. Good job!

    ReplyDelete