Friday, January 14, 2011

Organize and label. And label, and label and label!

I'm obsessed with labeling. My label maker is probably the most used tool in my scraproom, and it has even ventured out to other parts of the house which absolutely drives my husband nuts! I just love how easy it is to label a container so every time I need something, I mostly know where to look.

The organization of scrap supplies is NOT one size fits all. You have to find what works for you, usually through trial and quite a bit of error, then make a plan and stick to it. Make sure it's something you can keep up on and follow its logic.

As for me, I organized all my patterned paper by manufacturer:






and my cardstock by color: (using ROY G. BIV) If you're unfamiliar with Roy, you obviously didn't have Mrs. Leonard for elementary art. :)
R- red
O- orange
Y- yellow

G- green

B- blue
I- indigo
V- violet

After V, I go to pink, tans, browns, blacks, and whites.




I have ribbon sorted by colors as well:



then a separate tub for flowers:





one for blingy thingies, rubons, letter and number stickers, and finally, one labeled "random embellishments" for things I just didn't know what to do with! (This one is currently overflowing, so it's time to shift a few things around...)



How do you organize your space? Do you use a label maker? What's your key to sorting and keeping things in their place?

2 comments:

  1. My label maker is my best friend, and I can't wait to get it fired up to label all my new storage boxes. I use a more general format for my labeling than you do, Peggy, but it works for me.
    Thanks for the peek into your world of organization!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Nancy, go! :) Spreading the label love...

    ReplyDelete