Thursday, January 6, 2011

Today's highlight: Paper Trunk!

I was introduced to Paper Trunk by Twin Oaks Print & Frame in Cedar Falls, IA. As soon as I looked up the company, I was HOOKED! Paper Trunk not only has fresh, fun, funky designs, they are also eco-friendly products, from paper to ink to packaging.

I did the following layout as a sample to show my stores one option with the Krafty Collection. The collection contains 11 sheets, plus a cover sheet that has thumbnail prints showing what each of the papers in the pack looks like. I took one look at the cover sheet and thought, "Wouldn't those thumbnails be cute as journaling blocks or punched out shapes?" That's exactly what I did. Take a look:

Along the right hand side you'll see lots of scalloped circles, regular circles, and a square. Those are the thumbnails from a sheet you might be tempted to throw away. Look how cute the thumbnail of the polka dot paper worked as a journaling block. (It's the shrunken version of the paper I used as my background sheet.)

Another close up below:

It was really fun to work with, and I still have oodles of pieces left from the kit. I've used them to make other projects, layouts, and cards. I'm in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment