Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Quick Quotes Private Reserve


In October of last year, my friend Laura and I embarked on a CRAZY road trip to Dallas, TX for a Quick Quotes Private Reserve weekend. Quick Quotes is one of 11 scrapbook companies I rep, and I was so excited to attend this event. The Private Reserve weekend is jam packed with classes. I think we took 7 classes in 3 days, AND we had time for cropping in the evenings.

The first class I'm posting is a two page layout class with a tropical escape theme. (I chose this one first as it made me think of warmer places right now...)

Page 1: We used laser cut chipboard for the "escape" title, and stamped it with any stamp we wanted, using Quick Quote's Blue Hawaiian inks. (I LOVE their inks. They are chalk inks, designed to dry quickly and add a bit of distressing or color. They also happen to perfectly match their papers!) I added Stickles to the stamped image to give it a little sparkle. The paper line is called Summertime Blues. With a little sanding along the edge of the photo mat, I exposed the white core of the paper. I thought it gave it a nice pop!

Page 2: This also used a laser cut chipboard for the compass rose. The phrases are cut from a 12x12 sheet of paper with several quotes that are appropriate for all areas of life, not just tropical destinations! My other favorite part of this layout is the giant flowers with the giant brads in the middle. Supersize me!

There's the whole layout together! Isn't it cute?

But wait, there's MORE! With the scraps left over from the layout, we were able to put together this adorable mini-album. The album itself is made from 4x6 pieces of canvas. We punched the holes using a Crop-o-Dile, and it went through like butter.

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving the blog, Peggy! Can't wait to get my space functional again so I can do some of this fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Janssen...no excuses! Just create! :)

    ReplyDelete